For most of us, a home is the biggest single purchase of a lifetime. But all too often, homes are underinsured because owners base their insurance coverage on market value (the number real estate agents use to set prices) rather than the true replacement value of the home, which may be significantly higher. And owners may fail to carry adequate coverage on their household items as well.
Homeowner’s insurance may include:
- Property or dwelling coverage to help pay to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged or destroyed by an insured event like a fire or wind storm
- Personal property coverage to help replace your furniture, clothing and other items if they are lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of a covered loss. Optional additional coverage may also be available to insure items of special value, such as jewelry, art and antiques
- Personal liability coverage to help cover legal costs, medical expenses and other da mages related to liability claims and lawsuits brought by visitors to your property, should they be injured or suffer loss or damage to their personal property
- Medical coverage to help cover medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property
- Additional living expense coverage to help pay additional living expenses for a specified period of time while damage is assessed and your home is repaired or rebuilt
Our insurance specialists can answer your questions about types and amounts of coverage available to meet your needs. And through our network of trusted, leading insurance providers, we can help you obtain the coverage to appropriately insure your home, your possessions and yourself.
We’re ready to shop for you. Call 800.249.1342 to request your FREE, no-obligation quote or request your free quote online now.
This is a description of representative services and coverage, not a statement of contract. Provisions differ by state — see policy for details of coverage, conditions, limits and losses not covered.