Effective: June 2012
First Command Blog Guidelines
Were so pleased you want to join the conversation on our Facebook pages. First Command Financial Services, Inc. is committed to the highest standards of conduct, and requests that you follow these simple guidelines:
- Protect your personal information. Please do not include any specific account details or other sensitive information.
- Stay on topic. Please post only comments that relate to the topic of the post or the purpose of the page.
- Be nice. Feel free to disagree or post an opinion you are passionate about. But be civil and keep it G-rated. Abusive, profane, offensive, or unlawful comments, links or images will not be allowed on the page.
- Do not spam our community. Remember spam is a four-letter word. Comments unrelated to First Command Financial Services and designed to sell a product or service, or posted just to drive traffic to a particular website for personal, political, or monetary gain, will be taken down.
- Take ownership of your posts. We discourage posts without a screen name or from a non-identifiable pseudonym and reserve the right to pull them down if they don’t add value or violate other usage guidelines.
- No testimonials allowed. First Command will delete any posts or comments that are testimonials, regardless of character (positive or negative), about any advisory products or services, or specific Financial Advisors. Such testimonials are prohibited by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Note: A “Like” of our site, or any status updates or other posts shall not be considered to be a testimonial of any kind concerning our affiliate First Command Financial Planning, Inc. or concerning any advice, analysis, report or other service rendered by First Command Financial Planning, Inc.
- Contact our Client Services Department or your Financial Advisor for help. Our concern for your privacy and our adherence to financial industry regulations prevent us from answering specific questions about accounts and services on this site. You can reach a Client Services representative by phoning +1 800 443 2104. You may also find contact information for your Financial Advisor by visiting https://www.firstcommand.com/adv/search/.
©2014 First Command Financial Services, Inc., parent of First Command Financial Planning, Inc. (Member SIPC, FINRA), First Command Insurance Services, Inc. and First Command Bank. Financial planning services and investment products, including securities, are offered by First Command Financial Planning, Inc. Insurance products and services are offered by First Command Insurance Services, Inc. in all states except Montana, where as required by law, insurance products and services are offered by First Command Financial Services, Inc. (a separate Montana domestic corporation). Banking products and services are offered by First Command Bank. Securities products are not FDIC insured, have no bank guarantee and may lose value. A financial plan, by itself, cannot assure that retirement or other financial goals will be met.
In Europe, investment and insurance products and services are offered through First Command Europe Limited. First Command Europe Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Command Financial Services, Inc. and is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
First Command Financial Services, Inc. and its related entities are not affiliated with, authorized to sell or represent on behalf of, or otherwise endorsed by any federal employee benefits programs referenced or by the U.S. government or U.S. armed forces.
The First Command Financial Behaviors Index®, commissioned by First Command and compiled by Sentient Decision Science, Inc., assesses trends among the American public’s financial behaviors, attitudes and intentions through a monthly survey of approximately 530 U.S. consumers aged 25 to 70 with annual household incomes of at least $50,000. Results are reported quarterly. The margin of error is +/- 4.3 percent with a 95 percent level of confidence. See www.firstcommand.com/research. SDS is a behavioral science and consumer psychology consulting firm with special vertical expertise within the financial services industry. SDS specializes in advanced research methods and statistical analysis of behavioral and attitudinal data. FPA Alliance trademark.
The First Command Educational Foundation and the Package Brigade are 501(c)(3) public charities. They are not affiliated with First Command Financial Services, Inc., or any of its affiliated entities.
Hiring our Heroes and Project Sanctuary are not affiliated with First Command Financial Services, Inc. and its related entities.