Military Advisory Board
Chief Master Sergeant Kenneth J. McQuiston, USAF, Retired
Chief Master Sgt. Kenneth J. McQuiston is the former Command Senior Enlisted Leader, United States Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. He served as the principal advisor to the Combatant Commander for all matters concerning joint force integration, career development, utilization and sustainment of more than 150,000 enlisted personnel serving the headquarters and USTRANSCOM's air, land and sea components throughout the world.
Chief Master Sgt. McQuiston entered the Air Force in April 1982. After completing basic military training and technical training, he served in various administrative and personnel management positions at squadron, wing and major command levels. His experience includes serving as the special assistant to a major command commander and senior enlisted advisor serving as the sole personnel manager for enlisted matters. He also served as a military personnel flight superintendent servicing more than 15,000 Airmen and their families, a major command senior officer management superintendent responsible for career management of more than 500 colonels and 40 active-duty, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve general officers. Prior to his final assignment, he served as the command chief master sergeant at the wing, numbered air force, and deployed area of operations supporting Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan.
Chief Master Sgt. McQuiston was named a Distinguished Graduate of the Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J., in 1993 and graduated from the Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala., in 1998. He subsequently completed senior leadership courses at the Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif., at Gettysburg, Pa., and at the National Defense University, Fort McNair, Va. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business management from Wilmington (Del.) University and a Master of Business Administration degree from TUI University.
Awards and Decorations
- Defense Superior Service Medal
- Bronze Star Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and silver oak leaf cluster
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal with Bronze Star
- Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terror Service Medal
- Promotion to Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
- 436th Airlift Wing Personnel Manager of the Year
- 436th Airlift Wing Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
- 21st Air Force Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
- STEP promotion to Technical Sergeant
- Distinguished Graduate, McGuire NCO Academy
- STEP promotion to Master Sergeant
- Air Mobility Command Personnel Superintendent of the Year
- Certified Illinois middle and high school substitute teacher
- Published writer and motivational speaker
Return to the Military Advisory Board main page.