Fees for Additional First Command Services
Checking Account Fees
A complete breakdown of our service charges.
While First Command is committed to enhancing the value of your accounts by keeping costs low, some fees are necessary to cover additional services. We’re confident that if you compare, you'll find them to be some of the lowest around.
|ATM Transactions (per statement cycle)||Fee|
|Command Checking Account: 1–10 transactions||Free|
|Teen Checking Account: 1–10 transactions||Free|
|Additional ATM Transactions||$1.50 per transaction|
|ATM Surcharge (per statement cycle)1||Rebate|
|Command Checking Account||$15.00|
|Teen Checking Account||$15.00|
|Replace Lost/Damaged Debit Card||$0|
|Place a Stop Payment||$20.00|
Overdraft Protection Charge
You’ll be charged $25 each time we pay an overdraft for a transaction, with the exception of daily debit card transactions of $5 or less, if you have opted into Overdraft Protection.
There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account. You must pay back the amount owed on your overdraft limit within 30 days.
|$25.00 per item paid|
|Non-sufficient Funds||$29.00 per item|
|Returned Deposits||$5.00 per charge back or redeposit|
|Collection for Forwarded Payment||$20.00 per item|
Research/Dispute Account History
One hour minimum
|$15.00 / hour|
|Request Copy of Check||$2.00|
Foreign Item Collection
Non cash item
|Varies (minimum amount of foreign item must be $50.00 U.S.)|
Common Checking Account Fees Questions
At First Command we encourage responsible financial management, but we recognize that there are times when you need some flexibility. That’s why we offer two types of overdraft protection: The Overdraft Program and Coverdraft.
An overdraft occurs when you don’t have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, and we pay it anyway (fees apply). The Overdraft Program provides an Approved Overdraft Limit of $500. The Overdraft Program is not available on the Money Market Savings or Teen Checking account.
Coverdraft automatically transfers funds directly from another First Command Bank Deposit account when there are insufficient funds in your checking account at the time of the withdrawal/transaction.
Note: We reserve the right not to pay an overdraft if your account is not in good standing, if you aren’t making regular deposits or if you have too many overdrafts. To learn more about overdraft protection, please refer to the Depository Agreement and Disclosures booklet.
Ideally, by paying a little extra attention to your account you won’t even need overdraft protection. Here are a few ways to avoid overdrafts on your account:
- Know your current balance and keep track of your spending.
- Use OnCommand Account Alerts to monitor your account activity.
- Review your account statements monthly with eStatements.
- Schedule your bill payments in OnCommand or MobileCommand to get more control over when funds move out of your account.
- Take action quickly to deposit funds when needed: easily transfer funds between your accounts using OnCommand and MobileCommand.
- Deposit a physical check in minutes using the MobileCommand app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
1. First Command Bank does not charge a fee for the first 10 ATM withdrawals per statement cycle, each additional ATM withdrawal will be charged $1.50. We also do not charge a fee for the first 10 transactions when FCB Debit is used at ATMs in the MoneyPass® network or NYCE networks. Additional transactions are also charged at $1.50 each. We will reimburse ATM surcharges charged by non-FCB ATMs up to $15 per statement cycle.