Financial Challenges and Opportunities for Women
Whether you’re single or married, a business professional or a stay-at-home mom, in your 20s or your 50s, your financial well-being is vitally important to your quality of life. Yet as a woman, you face particular challenges to a secure financial future. For example:
- While the gender gap in earnings is narrowing, women earn less, on average, than men.
- Women typically work fewer years than men — often taking time out of the workforce to raise children or care for elderly relatives.
- Women statistically live longer than men, making their need for long-term financial security even more important.
According to U.S. Department of Labor estimates, nine out of 10 women manage their finances alone at some point in their lives.
So it’s essential — for yourself, your family and your future — that you take responsibility for your financial well-being to pursue the quality of life you desire.
Learn more about:
- Being Single and Starting Out
- Building a Life Together
- Living Independently After a Loss or Divorce
- Approaching or Living in Retirement
How We Can Help
At First Command, we understand that you’re unique — with individual values and circumstances that shape your priorities and financial goals. Through comprehensive, personalized financial planning, we can help you make the most of your resources as you pursue those goals — like saving for a child’s education, investing for the retirement you dream of, and providing financial security for your loved ones and yourself.
It’s never too early, or too late, to make your financial well-being a priority. As you browse these Web pages, you’ll find helpful information on some of the things you can do to take control of your financial destiny. And to learn more, contact a trusted First Command Financial Advisor today.