First Command Reviews & Ratings | First Command
DRIVEN TO SERVE
FIRST COMMAND REVIEWS AND RATINGS
UNIQUELY QUALIFIED TO SERVE MILITARY FAMILIES
First Command was founded in 1958 by a retired military officer who was passionate about helping service members and their families strengthen their financial security. Today, more than four out of five of our Financial Advisors are veterans or military spouses who are not only well versed in military pay and benefits, but intimately familiar with the unique challenges and opportunities inherent in military life. Their knowledge, experience and understanding are essential to their role as personal financial coaches to our nation’s military families.
Facts and Figures
For more than 60 years, First Command Financial Advisors have been shaping positive financial behaviors through face-to-face coaching with hundreds of thousands of client families. We are committed to helping service members and their families get their financial lives squared away and to making a positive difference in the military community.
- First Command was founded in 1958 by a retired Air Force officer
- Complimentary financial planning services for active duty service members
- 170+ offices worldwide, many near military installations
- 292k+ families are clients of First Command
- 74% of our clients are active duty or retired/separated from the military
- $35.2 billion in managed accounts and mutual funds
- $66.5 billion of life insurance coverage in force
- More than 7% of company profits allocated to military sponsorships and charities.
Our Industry Ratings and Reviews
From client service to employee engagement to community outreach, our dedication to excellence applies to everything we do. First Command is the proud recipient of industry assessments and honors that reflect our company’s culture of integrity, professionalism and service above self-interest.
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Hiring Our Heroes 2020 Military Spouse and Mentoring Award
- Top 10 Military Friendly® Company
- Top 10 Military Friendly® Brand
- Military Friendly® Employer
- Military Friendly® Spouse Employer
- Military Times Best for Vets Employer
- Named one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas by Texas Monthly, the Texas Association of Business, Texas Society for Human Resource Management and Best Companies Group
- Financial Planning's IBD Elite 2022 Top 50 Independent Broker-Dealer
First Command is committed to attracting and retaining talented people by providing our employees with opportunities to enhance their professional knowledge, develop leadership skills and grow within the organization. That’s why we have excellent employee satisfaction ratings and reviews.
We are proud of the commitment and dedication of those who choose to be part of this employee-owned company. First Command’s employees and Advisors are dedicated to a shared Mission of coaching those who serve in their pursuit of financial security.
Financial Advisor Stories
Active DutyLearn More
Military SpousesLearn More
Experienced ProfessionalsLearn More
Ready to get your finances squared away or your second career launched?
Begin your pursuit of financial security today by speaking with a Financial Advisor. Or, learn more about how you can make a difference in the lives of service members while staying connected to the military community.