Encouraging Financial Independence
Give your teen a head start in day-to-day money management.
Teach your teen the basics of financial budgeting and responsible spending with a First Command Teen Checking account. Deposit their allowance into this account, and encourage them to contribute any monetary gifts and earnings from part-time or summer jobs. Work with them to set savings goals and — because this is a joint account between a parent and teenager — monitor how the funds are spent.
- No minimum balance required
- No monthly maintenance fee
- FDIC insured
- Unlimited free Mastercard® Debit Card transactions
- Free Coverdraft protection1
- Access to more than 30,000 ATMs, with no fee for first 10 withdrawals per statement cycle2
Our Teen Command Checking account has a $25 minimum opening deposit amount. This is a joint account with a teenager, aged 14 – 17, and a parent or guardian. You can manage the account – as well as pay and receive bills – with OnCommand online banking, and sign up for free digital eStatements to simplify your banking experience. You’ll also have access to unlimited telephone banking at no charge.
Download the MobileCommand™ app for iPhone® or Android®, and discover the simplicity and convenience of doing your everyday banking right from your mobile device.
- Check account balances
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
1. Coverdraft available from another FCB deposit account or FCB line of credit.
2. First Command Bank does not charge a fee for the first 10 ATM withdrawals per statement cycle, each additional ATM withdrawal will be charged $1.50. We also do not charge a fee for the first 10 transactions when FCB Debit is used at ATMs in the MoneyPass® network or NYCE networks. Additional transactions are also charged at $1.50 each. We will reimburse ATM surcharges charged by non-FCB ATMs up to $15 per statement cycle.