Give your teen a head start in day-to-day money management.
Teach your teen the basics of financial budgeting and responsible spending with a First Command Teen Checking account. Deposit their allowance into this account, and encourage them to contribute any monetary gifts and earnings from part-time or summer jobs. Work with them to set savings goals and — because this is a joint account between a parent and teenager — monitor how the funds are spent.
- No minimum balance required
- No monthly maintenance fee
- FDIC insured
- Unlimited free Mastercard® Debit Card transactions
- Free Coverdraft protection 1
- Access to more than 30,000 ATMs, with no fee for first 10 withdrawals per statement cycle 2
Our Teen Command Checking account has a $25 minimum opening deposit amount. This is a joint account with a teenager, aged 14 – 17, and a parent or guardian. You can manage the account – as well as pay and receive bills – with OnCommand online banking, and sign up for free digital eStatements to simplify your banking experience. You’ll also have access to unlimited telephone banking at no charge.View Applicable Fees
Download the MobileCommand™ app for iPhone® or Android®, and discover the simplicity and convenience of doing your everyday banking right from your mobile device.
- Check account balances
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
1. Coverdraft available from another FCB deposit account or FCB line of credit.
2. First Command Bank does not charge a fee for the first 10 ATM withdrawals per statement cycle. Subsequent transactions will be charged $1.50 each. There is no surcharge to FCB Debit used at ATMs in the MoneyPass® network or NYCE networks. FCB will rebate other ATM surcharge fees, charged by ATM owners, up to $15 per statement cycle.